Excellent opportunity for a seasoned Data Scientist/Engineer to join a global technology/telecommunications leader. Successful candidate will be the SME for all Payment Operations and develop impactful solutions for all product and distribution channels.
Excellent opportunity to join a global telecommunications leader as a Senior Data Scientist who will be an individual contributor working as a Subject Matter Expert for all Payment Operations. This position is critical to the success of the overall Payment Operations as it will continuously look for opportunities to reduce payment exceptions (i.e. Refunds, Returns, Chargebacks, Missing Payments). Being a skilled and seasoned Data Scientist, successful candidate will drive customer impacting solutions to improve the payment experience through all channels.
This role is tasked with partnering with numerous technical teams and outside partners to collaborate, test hypotheses, build proof of concepts, and turn data into information. This will be done through the use of standard & emerging BI analytics tools from beginning to end. The Senior Data Scientist is a knowledgeable leader who is passionate about data modeling, forecasting, optimization, and possesses a strong vision of how data science and engineering can create value for our customers and for the company.
- 5+ years working with third party datasets
- 5+ years working with common relational and/or non-relational databases and common web data and social data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and 5+ years developing statistics-based analytics reports.
- Proficiency in constructing, publishing, and maintaining executive-level dashboards and visualizations which answer technical questions to a variety of audiences.
- Experienced with Object Oriented Programming Language or Scripting Language
- 2+ years’ experience in the technology/telecom industry
- 2+ years of payments operations
- Masters/Advanced Degree. Quantitative Discipline (math, statistics, economics, computer science, physics, engineering, etc.)
- Perform ad hoc data mining and statistical analyses on complex business problems.
- Lead the implementation, assessment, and standardization of toolkits for our data science, measurement science, insight management, and visualization teams.
- Research and work with technical teams to implement new and emerging technologies that will facilitate better data integrity, reliability, and enrichment for quantitative solutions.
- Provide senior level guidance to the data science and measurement science teams on approach and methodologies as a subject matter expert.
- Perform enterprise wide analysis on subscriber payments and volumes to drive business insights and decisions to Sr. Leadership.
- Learn and maintain operational awareness and thorough understanding of all Payment Operations functions and processes.
- Identify opportunities for improved operational and process efficiencies; bring those ideas forward to management for prioritization.
- Liaison between Project Managers to provide ROI analysis for enterprise projects, provide requirements and testing support.